details ERIBA touring TITAN
- year 1976
- Frame-work number : 8244
- number plate : WE-10-66
- Total length incl. drawbar 6850 mm
- Structure length 5750 mm (original 5500 mm)
- structure length inside 5430 mm
- total width 2100 mm
- structure width inside 2000 mm
- total height when roof closed 2280 mm
- vertical space inside under pop roof 1950 mm
- weight when empty : 960 kg (incl. awning and 2
gas bottles )
- Allowed weight : 1200 kg
- usefull capacity : 240 kg
- tyres : 185R14C on new alloy rims (original
- bed-size in front : 1400 x 2000 mm ( fixed bed )
- bed-size of the rear bed : 1800 x 2000mm
- windows : 6, 5 can be opened
- bathroom : 1050 x 650 mm
- fridge : 115 L 230v~ compresser with inverter
- Truma 3002 S with circle heating and airmix
comparable in relation to a Troll 555GT
while restoring the caravan I
tried to update all the weights of the used materials, espaccially
because I want to know how the weight division of the construction was
formed. Just a small clarification
The total weight of the caravan should be 850 kg.
The bottom chassis weighs 320 kg, this is 33% of the total amount, this
includes the floor but not the frame of the structure. The axle is the
heaviest part and weighs over 55 kg.
The structure weighs 275 kg, this is 30% of the total amount, this
includes the windows, poproof, doors and the walls from the inside, so
the complete structure. The aluminum outer plates weigh in total 37 kg,
which is only 4,2% of the total amount.
The furniture weighs 135kg which is 15% of the total amount.
The cloth material weighs 50 kg, this includes the material inside the
cushions, and I counted the awning aswell, this is 6% of the total
The installation weighs in total 135 kg (15% aswell), this includes all
the installation material like cables, drainings, and ofcourse all
the equipment such as lamps, stove, crane and the fridge.
The costs which are made during the complete project are of course
The total amount is € 5000,-, this includes the buying of the caravan
itself. The biggest cost came from the 3 new Seitz Windows, which cost €945,-.
There is for over €350,- of new
iron in the frame, the new aluminum outer plates costs only €185,-,
but the rivets cost €45,-.
The rubber sealings cost €140,-, en the
aluminum profiles cost €155,-
The floor covering cost €160,-, but it
is really handy. The fridge was very cheap compared to a comparable
absorbsion fridge. This only cost €185,-
Of course the project is unaffordable because all the working hours,
but then it's not a hobby anymore if you do that. When I started I
thought I could make it with €3000,-,
but you want to do things good which sometimes is more expensive.
After all I think it wasn't too expensive, but doable.